Pregnancy Complications / Issues | Pregnancy symptoms
Women have distinctive and crucial healthcare needs. Gynecological is a medicative practice of dealing with physical condition of female reproductive system and breast. Pregnancy can be a time of trepidation and contemplation but some women may experience pregnancy issues which vary in nature and austerity.
Major complications during pregnancy
- Miscarriage: It is sudden loss of pregnancy within 20 weeks of pregnancy. Many first-trimester miscarriages are supposed to be generated by chromosomal abnormalities in the fertilized egg that prevent the embryo from fostering. Some other causes are like problem in hormones, usage of drugs, maternal age. In most cases this pregnancy issues, is unavoidable.
- High blood pressure (Hypertension): When blood pressure is more than 140/90 mm Hg then it is called as high blood pressure. The pregnancy issues could be intense in this case. It can cause serious health issues for both mother and baby. Unhealthy habits may lead to high blood pressure during pregnancy. Obesity or sedentary lifestyle, are main risk factors for hypertension.
- Anaemia: It means that you having lower number of red blood cells in body than required. Women with anaemic problem, may feel more fatigued and frail than normal, and may have pale skin. To avoid this pregnancy issues,it is important to have balanced diet and add foods that are rich in iron. It raises the risk of excessive bleeding during delivery, baby with light weight, or anaemic baby.
- Placenta previa: In this pregnancy issue placenta lies low in your uterus, net to or covering your cervix. It is not a problem in initial pregnancy. But if placenta remains severely low in as pregnancy progress, it can cause problems like, vaginal bleeding and can lead to other labor problems. Only few women have placenta pervia when they give birth to child, that is, 1 in 200 deliveries. They have to deliver by c-section.
- Low birth weight: This pregnancy issue is mainly caused due to premature birth. A baby born before the gestation time has less time in the mother’s uterus to develop and gain weight. Other reasons may be if you have twins, as babies don’t get much space to grow and due to poor nutrition. Babies may face problems like low sugar level, breathing problems, heart infections and blindness. The baby would have to stay at hospital for some months after birth.
- Gestational diabetes: In this pregnancy issue, women may have high blood sugar level, even if she is not a diabetic patient. This happens because pregnancy hormones block the work of insulin and thus increases the glucose level. The sugar level return to normal after childbirth. Major risk includes baby with weight more than 9 pounds. Treatment includes to have a normal blood sugar level during pregnancy and to be ensure that developing baby is healthy.